<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/9788782?origin\x3dhttp://livinsanity.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
Tuesday, May 22, 2007 ♥
I am back!
Okie this entry is long overdue... I see cobwebs hanging here and there... kk...shall try to mope it away.. I shall blog abt my shanghai trip here so that the next time when I reread, i am able to rmb wat i encountered.


My Shanghai trip was an eyeopener for me. I think because I went to experience the village life and city life. There was also a lot of walking and climbing inlvolved, particularly climbing huangshan. And I realise after this trip that I need to brush up on my CHinese sia...compared to china pple, my knowledge and language cmi. Life in the village is so much diff from shanghai. In all I went to 3 villages, and all the pple who stayed in each village had the same name. Met many generations of pple living in those old houses...some the 7th or 8th gen and even had a chance to eat lunch in their "da ting".

One bad thing I din like was the traffic in SHanghai. It was terrible! On my first day when we went out to walk after reaching the hotel, i din dare to cross the roads...over there u look left before right. It took some time to get used to. Moreover the vehicles there dun give way to pedestrains. Manytimes we practically were running to get to the other side of the road. Also we mainly went to those sightseeing locations by taxi..over there the lang is somehow diff... a taxi is called a chu zhu che in chinese and not de shi. If u mention the second one to the drivers, most will not understand what u talking... and the starting fare is already 11rmb which is almost same as sin $2.50 here la. I learn a lot of things from the drivers... they told us some impt info abt the various destinations and some worthwhile locations to go. There are so many taxis there, more than in sg. They come in diff colors.. generally most drivers are ok, but some have very bad driving skills. They just change lanes abruptly and many times I fear for my life. :X


On my first day, we went to walk ard nanjing road, close to our motel.Over there is sth like orchard rd. There's a lot of shopping malls there for youngsters...moreover it was a weekend, gosh there were so many pple! And all dressed quite fashionably. We went to Raffles city guan chang. Inside it were some familiar stores like breadtop, watson - quite common over there, nine west, etc... there was also a food court at the top floor, where they imitated sg food court but the food there is ex!!
They even selled ice kachang of diff flavors..woohhh but i still think sg one taste betteer..haha.. THere was a rap competition going on on the grd floor so it was quite crowded,youngsters rapping in Chi..with tv coverage...quite a hot scene..
We also visited ren ming guan chang, sth like huge park with a fountain in the middle... many couples there...also saw some kite flying....nice!

Walked from nanjing rd all the way to the Bund..man. that was quite some walk. But it was nice becoz the night air was cool & refreshing... THe night view at the Bund is very nice!! But there was so many pple... I couldn;t relli enjoy the view becoz i was blocked by them. First time I saw the Dongfang Ming zhu and Jinmao Da sha. It was nice but i feel the view from the other side of the river is nicer. My first 2 days in shanghai i stayed in puxi...here it was a bit dirty and crowded. I still prefer pudong better where the streets are cleaner and it's a more commercial area.









Raffles City Shopping Mall. I recognise it directly with its familiar design and capitalland logo out of so many buildings.


































DOngfang Ming zhu in night view




THe best place to go in shanghai is still Yu Yuan. Over there is the famous Nan Xiang Xiao long Bao..man can't believe I queued 1h for it. The meat is nice but the skin is hard. I still think Din Tai Fung is better..haa... It was very hot that day...had some difficulty getting to Yu Yuan. But reached there wah a lot of tour groups sia. Visited Chenghuang Miao and the antiques market. Well felt a bit weird becoz we were the only ones there. ALl the sellers place their antiques on floor mats and there were so many ancient things including ancient pple's photos and statues. I learn the art of haggling over there. haha.. It's best to haggle to 3/4 of the price..yeah..



The ever famous xiong long bao (i think it's overexaggerated)



What is this?

Part 2 instalment coming up soon...

DISCLAIMER


PROFILE
Kailin
24
Wishes: Travel ard the world, slim down 5kg, $$, happiness
Singapore


EXITS
taklors
Lena
Siow Boon
Jocelin
Diana
Yongqi
Weiting
KaiJing
Huixin
WaiYue
4 crazy gals
Luke
Linda
CaiYin
Peiyee
Peiwen


Listen to MY FAV SONGS


TAGBOARD


ARCHIVES
December 2004
January 2005
February 2005
March 2005
April 2005
May 2005
June 2005
July 2005
August 2005
September 2005
October 2005
November 2005
December 2005
January 2006
February 2006
March 2006
April 2006
May 2006
June 2006
July 2006
August 2006
September 2006
October 2006
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
October 2009
March 2010
June 2010
November 2010
April 2011
September 2011
October 2011
December 2011
February 2012
April 2012
May 2012
June 2012

CREDITS
1 2 3 4 5 6