Sunday, November 02, 2008 ♥
Jobs Jobs JObs...
Everydae, the news have been reporting on the bad economy and bad state of jobs available, no doubt decreasin. Sat recruit has been thinner than usual, comparing to prev mths ago when they come in stacks of thick ads. Hiring requirements no longer demand fresh grads.. News of companies laying off staff have started..with the US companies reporting serious work reduction figures. It's only a matter of time b4 it reaches our shore. Oh my... 2009 is goin to be a bad year...and it's my year...ARgh! Xmas this time round is going to be "gloomy". I shld b thankful to still have a job with a decent salary and stop whining and nt worry over risky investments... and continue to enjoy my peaceful life. Although, I have also been influenced to cut back on unnecessary spending and reduce my expenses. Heh. It's not a matter of working hard but savin for a rainy day... Mayb I shld consider starting an opportunity fund...
On the good side, I guess hangin out with those colleagues of mine and listening to their GP reports and investments have increased my awareness of the importance of knowledge in the world and keeping myself updated. Ignorance is no longer an excuse, and naivety to age as well. How long can u stay young? It's better to start now den ltr. Even though many things are still new to me, i hope that in time to come, i can understand the major issues - startin with the upcoming US elections - news that I usually have a particular dislike for and will not hesitate to skip across to the next page. ANd then equipped with the knowledge, I can use it to my adv- albeit armed with good interpersonal skills and social intelligence (which I am still struggling to acquire) and use it correctly in the right env. Heh.